Thursday, December 13, 2007

Thing #10...Finally.

So, I have a clearer understanding about all The Ten Things now. Last to finish, maybe, but better late than never.

So, I have enjoyed helping as a liaison for this Ten Things endeavor and would like to send a shout out to THE TEN THINGS TEAM...GREATNESS!
I guess I am now supposed to convey my thoughts on the SPL website...

I have used the site for many demonstrations in several of my classes and people are always amazed with what it contains. I LOVE the TOOLBAR!!! Big help with convenient access to my account, searches, etc. I feel as though there is always something new to be happened upon when I spend some time with the SPL out-of-site! However, I believe that the blog has the potential to have more input from our patronage. Yes, we all have to take the mostly good with some of the bad. That's life!

My question now...I have wondered where The Ten Things will be going in the future?
I think that in some ways, it has bonded all of us. I do have to agree with Camille about the incognito and anonymous blogs...I have to respect this style but do question why and what their expectations are from those of us who wear our blogs on our sleeves. Meaninglessness? maybe a little harsh but not as engaging for those who just want to know who you are.

So, I guess my question to everyone who reads this...How do you intend to continue using The Ten Things in the future? Will you still be blogging?

I do find blogging enjoyable, once I get in to it. Any thoughts? Anyone?

1 comment:

rich said...

That's a good question. I hope that many of us will continue to share about library-related things and more on our blogs. They've been fun to keep track of!

Congrats of finishing :)