Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Thing #3 / IM

My first experience using IM was actually done when I decided to ask TheSkokieTen a question about how to change the language setting when I accessed my blog. It was all Chinese to me and I thought, "HEY! TheSkokieTen is online, in that cute little meebo box...Why not give it a try."
It was pretty cool.

After the q-n-a with The SkokieTen, I decided to use my Google IM with Yan-Lin and Alex in our department. It almost felt like I was back in high school, except I didn't have to worry about making sure the coast was clear to pass the note.

Obviously, IM meets the needs when the other person is online. I also had an IM experience with a librarian in New Zealand for a school assignment. The longer exchanges of IM messaging can be a bit tricky at times, especially when you don't know if the person still has more to say or not. I enjoyed the experience and would definitely use it again.

No comments: